Tri City Collective Food Security Panel Discussion
TriCity Collective, an organization that provides learning & artistic opportunities outside the classroom for youth and adults, brought together a panel of experts through their "Real Talk" series to explore food insecurity, it’s societal impact, policy action, and multi-scaled innovative solutions to this ongoing issue.
The guest panel included:
- Chris Bernard (he/him) Executive Director of Hunger Free Oklahoma
- Katie Plohocky (she/her) Co-founder and Executive Director of RG Foods
- Bailey Perkins Wright (she/her) State Advocacy & Public Policy Director for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma
- Host: Juddie Williams (she/her) SNAP Outreach Manager at Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma & Member of Tri-City Collective
Real Talk is a series of curated live conversations on issues and topics of critical import to marginalized communities, including, but not limited to: People of Color, LGBTQA and Economically Disadvantaged Citizens. Providing a voice and platform for often voiceless people is at the heart of the series.
The Real Talk series is presented by:
- The Woody Guthrie Center,
- Tri-City Collective,
- Tulsa Artist Fellowship, and
- the Black Wall Street Times